Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
what if ((open)) Emptywhat if ((open)) Emptywhat if ((open)) Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

what if ((open))

3 posters

Go down

Melanthius Burke

what if ((open)) Empty what if ((open))

Post by Melanthius Burke Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:38 am

Ever since he admitted to practicing dancing with one of the training dummies to Ptolemy, it seemed like the entire school had come together to make a mockery of him; now he couldn't even go to the library without possibly seeing a dummy there with a schoolmate laughing every time they noticed it. It was absolute hell, and he wanted to know who was behind all this and punch them. It was a rather uncivilized solution, but if it gave him a second kind of deterrence, he'd gladly do it...

So, he naturally found his way to the Room of Requirement to get some sort of escape from the taunting, the humiliation. It was extremely gratifying to knock some personalities down a peg with Bellona, but maybe he just needed to lower his profile until it was beneficial again. He glanced around the corridor, making sure nobody was around, before stepping into the Room of Requirement. When he stepped in, Thius was welcomed to a rather zen environment that was filled with books along with a spot for him to relax as he read. There was also a nook nearby that contained all sorts of card decks imaginable. Besides quite a few details, it wasn't all that different from his bedroom at home. It would at least let him pretend that he wouldn't have to encounter a single training dummy for a while.

Jumping onto the spacious bed, Thius stretched his arms and legs and resumed annotating one of his healing books; he'd been so giddy about the formal and accompanying Bellona to it that delving more into this potential career had fallen into the back of his mind. Placing the book down on his lap, he began to frown. What if someone was hell-bent on ruining the formal for him? What if one of his own friends was behind all this? What if she now considered him pathetic? No, no, he didn't want his thoughts to go there.

You've shown yourself to have lost your mind by dancing with that training dummy. You are insane.

Some of the anger and frustration he was feeling turned into tears that he tried very hard to suppress. As if the room heard his pleas, it began to rain a localized flurry on him.
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
what if ((open)) Ba81740caa8f7fa39a99f8ed0aa714a581e912a2
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
what if ((open)) 7c4d182b6a8fee23908fc80cae0e0ceb2023b8aa
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
Favorite Subject: DADA
British
Apparition
Favorite Season: Autumn
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Lochlan Riddle

what if ((open)) Empty Re: what if ((open))

Post by Lochlan Riddle Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:33 am

"You know you shouldn't be here, Matilda - at least not anywhere but my office."

She said she was sorry, but she didn't sound all too sincere.

They were walking together down the seventh floor corridor: Lochlan's destination being the Room of Requirement. He had explained to Matilda, while back in his office, that there was some possibility of it taking shape to reveal some ancient sort of magic, and every so often he attempted to reveal it. But as he aligned himself with the wall, his subconscience was distracted by other thoughts. He knew it hadn't worked this time, as the door revealed itself to him.

Just to make sure, he walked inside and took a look around. His eyes landed to Melanthius, and his mouth stretched upward to one side. Matilda was stood somewhere behind him, giggling.

"This is very impressive, Melanthius. I'm not sure I've seen it take shape to something quite as imaginative."

@Melanthius Burke
Headmaster/Principal
Lochlan Riddle
Mini Ava :
what if ((open)) Lochlan
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Lochlan
Headmaster / DADA Prof
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Half-Blood
Face Claimpp :
John Simm
partner pic :
what if ((open)) Katherinegif01
Head / Dpt. Head
Professor
Graduated
Aries
Death Eater / Supporter
British
Slytherin
Apparition
Parent
Non-Verbal Master
Occlumens
Married
Homeowner
Studies Dark Magic
Of Age
Made 200 Posts

Back to top Go down

Matilda Riddle

Post by Matilda Riddle Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:09 am

As the raincloud spittled across the area Melanthius was situated, Matilda summoned a magical umbrella to encase herself and her Father. She felt a surge of sympathy towards him, as he had previously revealed his woes to her about the bullying he was enduring recently. Looking up at her Dad, she wondered whether he was aware of it. Still, she kept quiet and adjusted the bow at the front of her dress: the gypsy style top part of it was quite modest for her, she thought. Her Dad certainly appreciated this sort of style whilst she was with him at Hogwarts.
Adult
Matilda Riddle
Mini Ava :
what if ((open)) Matsgif3
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Mats
Erotic Dancer
sexual orientation :
Bisexual
blood purity :
Half-Blood
Face Claimpp :
Emily Browning
Graduated
Erotic Dancer / Worker
Pisces
British
Death Eater / Supporter
Parselmouth
Slytherin
Favorite Subject: Divination
Apparition
Pride Flag
Of Age
Studies Dark Magic
Enjoys Fortune Telling
Made 100 Posts

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:25 am

"5... 10... 15... 20..."

Between each sniffle, Thius counted and counted trying to find some sort of relief. He didn't want to be thrown into the loony bin... He had to avoid being thrown into the loony bin... His cheeks felt brisk as the current of cool air made contact with his tears, but it didn't bother him too much..It was preferable to profusely sweating out of every pore.

"25... 30... 35..."

Suddenly, there was another voice in the room that sounded a lot like Professor Riddle. Was he actually losing his mind this time? Was he no longer able to deny any possible insanity? Thius looked up and around and noticed Professor Riddle and ...Matilda?

At least he hadn't gone insane... He was perfectly fine, for the moment anyway. There was bound to be something else that'd make him question his state of mind.

He glanced at them in confusion as he muttered, "Hello, sir, Matilda..." Would Matilda have turned on him so quickly or was she just around? "Thank you, sir. I needed an opportunity to get things done without distraction prior to the formal."

It felt painful to try to stop his ritual, but he couldn't have himself appear crazy in front of Professor Riddle, the one professor he respected most.

@Lochlan Riddle @Matilda Riddle
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Lochlan Riddle

Post by Lochlan Riddle Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:35 am

The persperation on his face wasn't just rainwater: judging by the slight redness of his face, he was in a state of despair. Asking Matilda gently to wait outside, she nodded brightly and skipped out of the door, leaving the two of them alone together. There were certain subjects that were more sensitive than others, and Lochlan preferred to engage with his students, particularly the more promising ones, on a one-to-one basis.

"You're not in trouble," he assured, chuckling lightly. "It has been brought to my attention that there has been some... malicious escapades, done by some other students, in an attempt to ridicule you. Now, while I agree that coming here is an effective way of getting away from all that, you are well within your right to come to me to take care of it."

He glanced over some of the books that had materialised inside of there in mild interest.

"Do you have any idea who is responsible?"

@Melanthius Burke
Headmaster/Principal
Lochlan Riddle
Mini Ava :
what if ((open)) Lochlan
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Lochlan
Headmaster / DADA Prof
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Half-Blood
Face Claimpp :
John Simm
partner pic :
Head / Dpt. Head
Professor
Graduated
Aries
Death Eater / Supporter
British
Slytherin
Apparition
Parent
Non-Verbal Master
Occlumens
Married
Homeowner
Studies Dark Magic
Of Age
Made 200 Posts

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:52 am

Good, good, he wasn't in trouble. He wasn't being ratted (heh) out for rightfully turning that disgusting mudblood into his true form. That was quite reassuring to know.

"I suppose you'd also want to know why I'm being taunted in such a way as well?"

Thius pulled out his handkerchief and dabbed at his cheeks lightly, at least to help himself feel more presentable. "I was going over some dance moves using one of the training dummies one evening, and I suppose word spread quite quickly after Ptolemy inquired on my activities..." He wanted to give his friend the benefit of the doubt, especially after getting over their most recent quarrel.

The worst part about it was the fact he likely wasn't the only one who practiced with that particular inanimate object, but he was somehow on the receiving end of all the torment.

"I have been having issues with MacKenna lately, sir. He took my property one day, and he has been quite abhorrent towards Bellona and I."

Of course, he wasn't going to include that some of it was provoked.

@Lochlan Riddle
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Lochlan Riddle

Post by Lochlan Riddle Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:30 pm

"I see."

He didn't really need to know of the circumstances pertaining to the series of pranks against him, but he appreciated the context all the same. The explanation wasn't the least bit amusing to him, although he could see why others may seek to humilate him about it.

"What did he take from you, and is it something he still possesses?"

@Melanthius Burke
Headmaster/Principal
Lochlan Riddle
Mini Ava :
what if ((open)) Lochlan
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Lochlan
Headmaster / DADA Prof
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Half-Blood
Face Claimpp :
John Simm
partner pic :
Head / Dpt. Head
Professor
Graduated
Aries
Death Eater / Supporter
British
Slytherin
Apparition
Parent
Non-Verbal Master
Occlumens
Married
Homeowner
Studies Dark Magic
Of Age
Made 200 Posts

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:49 pm

"It was one of my hats. I did get it back, but he has been quite the nuisance... He and Grayson, the not pregnant one, both have been doing their hardest to mess with us. Bellona and I. It's very immature of them, isn't it?"

Thius parted his fringe to make it somewhat easier to see as the light drizzle continued to pour over him.

"They're always calling us rather crude names when we've been minding our business, and the mud- MacKenna was being bloody disgusting! I wouldn't be surprised if he was orchestrating this."

He was quite dim, so Thius doubted MacKenna was some mastermind, but it seemed like something he would partake in.

@Lochlan Riddle
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Lochlan Riddle

Post by Lochlan Riddle Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:44 am

Professor Riddle nodded, listening, and stroked his goatee in contemplation. He found it very interesting, and astounding, that Melanthius was telling a very different story to the ones he had heard about him and Bellona Lestrange. From what he could gather, these discrepancies between them and other students wasn't entirely unprovoked, but Melanthius was lying so unabashedly to his face.

He found himself chuckling slightly at his nerve.

"It seems there is a conflict in versions of events, however," he said, still smiling, "I see how students of this school have become a particular nuiscience to you. I will handle everything as I see fit, that involves speaking with MacKenna and dealing punishment where it's deserved."

He waved his wand, and the magical umbrella wafted over to where Melanthius was.

"There's something that I must ask of you as well," he went on, before any comments could be made. "Keep your nose clean. Don't utter the word you were about to in referrance to MacKenna. Concentrate on bettering yourself, not belittling others who are already no match for you. You will find that your brillance will speak for itself."

@Melanthius Burke
Headmaster/Principal
Lochlan Riddle
Mini Ava :
what if ((open)) Lochlan
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Lochlan
Headmaster / DADA Prof
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Half-Blood
Face Claimpp :
John Simm
partner pic :
Head / Dpt. Head
Professor
Graduated
Aries
Death Eater / Supporter
British
Slytherin
Apparition
Parent
Non-Verbal Master
Occlumens
Married
Homeowner
Studies Dark Magic
Of Age
Made 200 Posts

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:25 am

A conflict in versions of events? From the sound of that, he may not totally get away with all the stuff he'd done lately. Thius grimaced slightly, hoping that it wouldn't jeopardize his chances of becoming Head Boy. "Thank you, sir," he responded with a nod. He didn't quite mind the precipitation the room manifested, but he supposed that it'd be less humiliating to be less drenched...

"I suppose I can do that..." He was never really one to argue against Professor Riddle; he trusted his judgment quite a bit and didn't want to damage their rapport. Why was it becoming such a common thing to curb his words in regards to people that absolutely didn't earn or deserve his respect? "However, I have peers who are invested in not recognizing it..." Such as Nott.

"If one of them keeps insisting that you're delusional, what would you do?"

@Lochlan Riddle
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Lochlan Riddle

Post by Lochlan Riddle Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:00 pm

"You can suppose, or you just can," he said pointedly, with a little more menace behind his tone. "If you truly wish to be awarded, then you will make the effort."

He hoped that was clear enough. This was the sort of conversation he had with Ptolemy Rowle in the past, and he had consistantly defied him, which is why he had less hope for him than before. Of course, he wanted strong young wizards who showed promise, and he wanted them to be on his side. Delicate strategies of praise where it was due worked sometimes, but other times he had to be a little firmer.

"Greatness is not achieved simply by your abilities: it comes from overcoming challenge, self-doubt, criticism and - sometimes - being ridiculed. You may have heard of the greatest wizards being those who have come from hardship, and I believe there is a simple truth in that."

"And if someone were to call me anything, which they have and continue to do so even in my middle age; proving them wrong is not something that comes with a hardy hex or a swing of my fist. There will always be unfair opinions of yourself from others. But they are just those - opinions. Only you can make them manifest by paying attention to them, or asking others - such as myself - for reassurance that you are not those things."

@Melanthius Burke
Headmaster/Principal
Lochlan Riddle
Mini Ava :
what if ((open)) Lochlan
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Lochlan
Headmaster / DADA Prof
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Half-Blood
Face Claimpp :
John Simm
partner pic :
Head / Dpt. Head
Professor
Graduated
Aries
Death Eater / Supporter
British
Slytherin
Apparition
Parent
Non-Verbal Master
Occlumens
Married
Homeowner
Studies Dark Magic
Of Age
Made 200 Posts

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:20 pm

"Then I shall."

He didn't desire to be in the position Ptolemy was, so he'd have to tone it down. He was sure he and Bellona could get creative enough to still put the undesirables in their place. It would just require some sort of thinking.

Thius listened attentively, although he struggled somewhat as he mentally performed his compulsion.

60... 65... 70...

Did he count that high yet? Did he have to start over? Ugh...

5... 10... 15...

"Sir, I struggle with not seeking reassurance. I've learned quite quickly that most people don't do such a thing, at least not as frequently as I did..."

Which was why he often tried to hide himself when he counted; if he couldn't get other people to reassure him of his sanity, he'd have to do it himself. Thius frowned, worried that he might not be able to have any temporary relief anytime soon.

Although the redness from the tears had faded well-enough, he developed a slight pallor as moisture began to accumulate on his hands. He loathed it when his body reacted this way... It just made the thoughts feel louder...

"I'm afraid it'd make me appear a fool at the formal."

What if the anxiety hadn't subsided to a more functional level by then?

@Lochlan Riddle
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down