Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
reel it in (open) - Page 13 Emptyreel it in (open) - Page 13 Emptyreel it in (open) - Page 13 Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
reel it in (open) - Page 13 Emptyreel it in (open) - Page 13 Emptyreel it in (open) - Page 13 Empty 
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

reel it in (open)

+13
Cherry Darling
Marilyn Grayson
Hector Burke
Cousin Skeeter
Lucina Lestrange
Hyacinth Macmillan
Thalia Tremlett-Chang
Lazar Tremlett
Jeneva Avery
Melanthius Burke
Lien Chang
Wade MacKenna
Atticus Nott
17 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Atticus Nott

reel it in (open) - Page 13 Empty reel it in (open)

Post by Atticus Nott Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:12 am

First topic message reminder :

It was the warmest day of the year they'd had so far, and a lot of the students were heading outside to the grounds and lake for some much needed sunlight. Atticus had got up early and woke up his dorm mates, asking them if they wanted to go fishing. He'd managed to find an old fishing rod from the muggle studies classroom and had been reading up on the practice, now raring to go while it was still early.

After a lack of response, he'd gone to the lake by himself. Later on, after being completely unsuccessful in catching anything, he was sat by the lake flicking through a fishing book. He'd been joined by Wade who was practicing his swinging technique, and had dug up some worms in the vegetable patches. Then Lien had come along and sat by him, reading a book of his own: for once it seemed to be a fiction book, and nothing to do with studying for the exams.

"You should know the most about this Wade, you've got muggle parents. Don't they go fishing?"
Adult
Atticus Nott
Mini Ava :
reel it in (open) - Page 13 166dde225ecfb25b164f6f123600c1287f734720
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Atty
Restaurant Worker
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Toby Sebastian
partner pic :
reel it in (open) - Page 13 Shaungif18
Graduated
Restaurant Worker
Pisces
Dating
British
Pride Flag
Ravenclaw
Quidditch Player
Favorite Subject: Cooking
Apparition
Of Age
Likes Food
Pukwudgie
Made 300 Posts
Favorite Season: Spring
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Atticus Nott

reel it in (open) - Page 13 Empty Re: reel it in (open)

Post by Atticus Nott Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:32 pm

"Ohhh okay. I'm not saying I could rival Grandmother Molly's cooking," he said, sniggering, referring to her as James would, "But I can definitely make a good califlower cheese. It's very decadent with lamb and seasoned greens, and that's in season right now! I wonder if they have any chops in the larders..."

He stroked the bristles of his chin in contemplation, clearing moving on from the possibility of fish and wanting meat instead.

"Are you looking forward to the baby coming?" he asked her, grinning now as though he wasn't just sobbing a few moments ago.

@Hermione Granger
Adult
Atticus Nott
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Atty
Restaurant Worker
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Toby Sebastian
partner pic :
Graduated
Restaurant Worker
Pisces
Dating
British
Pride Flag
Ravenclaw
Quidditch Player
Apparition
Of Age
Likes Food
Pukwudgie
Made 300 Posts
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:49 pm

"Those all sound very good," Thius replied; at least he wouldn't have to downplay how much or what he ate around Bellona. He was quite insecure of how he came off in that sense; he didn't want to give slimy inferiors any ammo. "My brother likes his girls built like a pole. I don't quite get it. Wouldn't they end up blown away by the wind? How's he supposed to catch them?"

He could empathize with that, although he still enjoyed his fair share of savory dishes, especially when they were impeccably seasoned. "Often after I win a duel, I treat myself to a rich slice of cake. I don't have to worry about my grandmother patronizing me for it."

Once they arrived to the front of Puddifoot's, Thius found them a table that had plenty of shade to keep them cool; both the tables and chairs were more ornate in design than the frilly furniture that decorated the inside. He smiled and pulled out a chair for Bellona. "I shall let a waiter know we're out here."

@Bellona Lestrange
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
reel it in (open) - Page 13 Ba81740caa8f7fa39a99f8ed0aa714a581e912a2
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
reel it in (open) - Page 13 7c4d182b6a8fee23908fc80cae0e0ceb2023b8aa
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
Favorite Subject: DADA
British
Apparition
Favorite Season: Autumn
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Hermione Granger

Post by Hermione Granger Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:52 pm

"I believe they do! The elves here do a great job at keeping food products in stock."

She still believed that the house elves should be free to do as they please, but she was better at understanding that there was a good amount who chose to work.

Hermione nodded, smiling slightly. "I am, but it's weird to think about how my godson is already having a child of his own. Time goes by so quickly, and it doesn't hit you until your children are old enough to have children. Everyone in the family is looking forward to having a little one running around again."

@Atticus Nott
Faculty Member
Hermione Granger
Mini Ava :
reel it in (open) - Page 13 Giphy
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
mione
guidance counselor
sexual orientation :
heterosexual
blood purity :
muggleborn
Face Claimpp :
Marianne Williamson
Gryffindor
Apparition
Parent
OOTP Member / Supporter
Married
Favorite Subject: History of Magic
Made 100 Posts
British
Homeowner
Of Age
Non-Verbal Master

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:16 pm

"Perhaps that's exactly what he wants to do," she mused exasperatedly, her feelings towards Hector brought down by the fact he was so selective.

She wondered why Thius's grandmother would patronise him for that, but they were already approaching the cafe. When they found a table, she was surprised to see him pull back a chair for her to sit. It struck her then: this was the first time she'd actually been somewhere like this with a boy. Thius was Thius, but wasn't it entering a sort of date territory? She nodded to him, swallowing nervously, wondering if this was how he was viewing it.

She glanced down at the cutlery. He had been kind and thoughtful, gentlemanly and considerate to her. Was this how it felt to be Alayna? Treated and spoiled by Ptolemy? Well, it wasn't Ptolemy - it was Thius - but why did that alter the experience in any way? Suddenly she felt a little nervous about it. She was adjusting her position on the chair and checking her skirt, trying to see if there was a reflective surface to tell the state of her hair...

@Melanthius Burke
Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
reel it in (open) - Page 13 Bellonagif02
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
reel it in (open) - Page 13 Thiusgif5
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Favorite Season: Winter
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:29 pm

For the first time ever, he was out and about with a girl, a lady, a WOMAN. This was major. Thius had gone into the bathroom there to refresh himself, apply a few more spritz of cologne, and checking the state of the dessert. Merlin, this was actually happening. It wasn't the way he envisioned or planned, but it was happening. He was able to have time with Bellona as just the two of them in a non-duelling setting. Then, he finally told a worker there of their presence outside before rejoining Bellona in the seat across from her.

"My apologies for taking longer than expected, I had to wait to find a worker."

Of course, he could never admit that the reality of this was hitting him, and he needed to present himself the best he possibly could. Thius went ahead and placed the napkin onto his lap feeling it'd be odd to be completely formal with the etiquette in a casual setting.

@Bellona Lestrange
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Atticus Nott

Post by Atticus Nott Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:35 pm

And what would his role be in it all? He loved James, and so did Lien, but neither one of them seemed parenting material. Then again, no one their age did. Alayna didn't - he was sorry to think it - but he was still viewing her as his sister who needed protecting.

"It's going to be hard on him..."

@Hermione Granger
Adult
Atticus Nott
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Atty
Restaurant Worker
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Toby Sebastian
partner pic :
Graduated
Restaurant Worker
Pisces
Dating
British
Pride Flag
Ravenclaw
Quidditch Player
Apparition
Of Age
Likes Food
Pukwudgie
Made 300 Posts
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Hermione Granger

Post by Hermione Granger Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:41 pm

"James will adapt and get the hang of it, and he has his entire family to help."

She was touched that James had a few, good supportive friends in his life.

@Atticus Nott
Faculty Member
Hermione Granger
Mini Ava :
reel it in (open) - Page 13 Giphy
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
mione
guidance counselor
sexual orientation :
heterosexual
blood purity :
muggleborn
Face Claimpp :
Marianne Williamson
Gryffindor
Apparition
Parent
OOTP Member / Supporter
Married
Favorite Subject: History of Magic
Made 100 Posts
British
Homeowner
Of Age
Non-Verbal Master

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:43 pm

She smelt the richer scent of cologne before he rejoined the table, and knew immediately that this was exactly the situation she had anticipated. It was a nice scent, and it was putting her at ease, but she couldn't help the feeling of knots inside of her chest as he faced her.

This was stupid. Who was she?! Bellona Lestrange! She didn't cripple like an idiot airhead!

The internal pep talk helped, certainly, but she could still do with a mirror or something to check her hair. At this moment, there was only one person's opinion that really mattered...

Oh dear. He was suddenly being extremely formal. No - no... you're Bellona Lestrange...

"Is my hair all right? I don't know if it got tangled up with everything that happened earlier. I'd hate to look dishevelled."

@Melanthius Burke
Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:53 pm

He leaned to get a better look at her hair; he honestly didn't notice anything if it had gotten messy or out of place. Thius didn't pay attention to that. To him, it was proof of going through some sort of battle, and he found it rather hot.

"It looks fine to me," Thius reassured with a smile. He needed to be looser for once instead of having years of training put him into formality autopilot. "Mine's probably worse..." He chuckled as he brushed the few loose strands away.

Merlin, it was hard to think of words when such a gorgeous, marvelous lady was sitting right across from him... His palms were beginning to sweat and he could feel a great stir in his stomach.

"You look lovely today. I really like that petticoat on you..."

Be natural. Be natural. Be natural.

@Bellona Lestrange
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:22 pm

She smiled weakly at his response. It was enough to reassure her, but she still wasn't completely at ease. If only she could make a way of this feeling less of a date and more of just a casual lunch, she could feel the gripe in her chest ebb away.

They were just in the common room. They were just there, and someone was bringing them a platter of afternoon tea! Yes - that worked. Perhaps it was the release of nerves, but she curled her fingers in front of her mouth and giggled at what he was saying.

"Thank you, but they're actually a little bit much for a day like today now that I think about it." There were girls in their shorts and vests, and she had elected something to style rather than weather.

She placed her arms onto the table and moved one to touch her face in contemplation.

"I find it interesting how you and Hector are so different. You share similar features, and you're only a year apart in age, but why is it that he's so serious all the time? Are your parents like that?"

@Melanthius Burke
Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:37 pm

Thius chuckled as he briefly glanced down at his lapr. "My hat was misguided... But I did like it on you even if the mudblood had tainted it. I may end up burning it later." It didn't help that it wasn't exactly his color.

Ah, Hector. Hector, Hector, Hector.

"My brother's always been like that, even when we were children. I think he got more of the Burke attitude than I did." His father's side was always notoriously more serious than his mother's side. It came with being from a very traditional family. "My mother's actually rather cool." It felt a bit odd to describe her in such a manner, but he didn't have to be overly formal. He can just relax.

"Before she became a healer, to prove to my grandmother that she is quite capable of being nurturing, she was an accomplished dueller in the underground scene. They nicknamed her the 'Bulstrode Brute' due to her strength. She still brags about putting Hermione Granger in a headlock in their second year!"

The amount he'd pay to witness that memory... He rested his arms on the table as he deliberated what he wanted to have as part of the afternoon tea. "Hector resembles and behaves a lot like our father. Very serious businessman type. He often travels to acquire deals to expand the family wealth."

@Bellona Lestrange
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:08 pm

Similarly to her, he seemed more attached to his Mother than he was his Father. She had completely frozen in her position, fingers curled at the side of her face, leaning her head to one side as she listened to what he was saying. So the Bulstrode Brute was attracted to Gilderoy Lockhart? It was almost reassuring. Even a strong woman, such an accomplished duellist, could measure her desires with her strength.

Bellona felt invigorated by his tale, and rightly laughed at her having Mrs Granger in a headlock. What an image!

She noted that this was the second mention of her Grandmother: she seemed quite controlling.

"So you're the next Bulstrode Brute, are you?" she asked mischievously, chuckling. "But you shouldn't be listening too much to your Grandmother: cake after a duel is perfectly valid. I say it is, so it is so."

She smiled at him.

"I don't know if you know my sister too well, but please be kind to her. I know she comes across as being a little... sporadic." That was cushioning it slightly. "But she means well. She means very well. I... owe a lot to her."

@Melanthius Burke

Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:21 pm

Grinning, he nodded. He could be her Brute... Burke Brute? Hm, he never realized until now how similar those were spelt.

"I very well could be. MacKenna has no idea I could take him down physically, I just choose not to when I can outsmart him." Thius adjusted how his shirt rested on him to appear slightly less sloppy from being in the forest earlier. "Yes, it is so. After our duel, I had this orange creamsicle cake. It was lighter, but full of flavor. You may like it."

Some of the nerves were going away as they talked. As long as he could keep his nerves in the back of his mind, he'd be able to eventually present the sticky toffee pudding and the proposal to the formal with ease.

"Ah, yes, Lucina."

Initially, she did frighten him a tad, but seeing any display of peculiar behaviors was usually enough to set off the thoughts.

"I will," he said with a small smile. "Your sister actually gave me something to ward off toads..."

The container didn't seem of much use now as they were at Puddifoot's rather than picnicking on Hogwarts' grounds.

"So, I suppose she already thinks positively of me." Just in her own odd way....

@Bellona Lestrange
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Hyacinth Macmillan

Post by Hyacinth Macmillan Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:28 pm

Using his wand some more, Macmillan began to make a bigger surf from the lake's waters. He finally started to stand up on his board.
Adult
Hyacinth Macmillan
Mini Ava :
reel it in (open) - Page 13 7848d34348a08c5bf4bd4e8357f75651d630f181
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
macmillan
amateur surfer
sexual orientation :
bisexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Ben Jelen
Pride Flag
Aries
British
Apparition
Of Age
Likes Surfing
Ravenclaw
Wealthy
Made 500 Posts
Favorite Season: Summer
Graduated
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Bellona Lestrange

Post by Bellona Lestrange Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:20 am

When it came to MacKenna, he could probably be distracted by a look over there, so she was surprised no one had outsmarted him before now. Perhaps it was all too easy, such as it was to upset Tremlett. Still, getting rid of MacKenna for good definitely deserved orange creamsicle cake: whatever that was. It sounded delicious.

Her face brightened slightly.

"That's definitely a good sign. She's actually very sensitive, more than she probably should be."

Where was that waiter to take their order? As soon as somebody passed their table in a uniform, Bellona stuck out her arm to them. "Two for afternoon tea here, please." She didn't care if she was messing up their plan of whose table was whose: they'd have to just bloody work it out between themselves. She was ravenous now!

@Melanthius Burke
Slytherin Fifth Year
Bellona Lestrange
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Bel
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Mia McKenna Bruce
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
British
Elemental
Wealthy
Dating
Made 200 Posts
Has Freckles
Has a Familiar

Back to top Go down

Melanthius Burke

Post by Melanthius Burke Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:50 am

He nodded, making sure to keep her sister's sensitivity in mind. He'll eventually figure out how to compose himself around her without, hopefully, suddenly feeling compelled to count and count and count.

Feeling his stomach grumble, he waited until the waiter was out of earshot to exclaim, "They better be quick with it. We're starving! I had my breakfast far too early just so I could enjoy the fresh air..." Thius wanted to take complete advantage of the weather forecast, and he was rather giddy about spending it with Bellona.

"I'm assuming you're the type to have sweets for breakfast, yes? Have you ever tried chocolate Belgian waffles? I found them to be rather decadent."

Act normal. Act normal. Act normal. Thius was sort of struggling to keep his eyes at eye-level to her. It was just too easy for them to drift down to her chest...

"Perhaps I can have Mippy make some for you over the Easter holiday."

@Bellona Lestrange
Slytherin Seventh Year
Melanthius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Thius
Student
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Charlie Talbert
partner pic :
Slytherin
Scorpio
Head Boy
Club President
Dating
British
Apparition
Of Age
Wealthy
Plays Card Games
Made 300 Posts
A Romantic
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13