Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
give us a pint (open) Emptygive us a pint (open) Emptygive us a pint (open) Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
give us a pint (open) Emptygive us a pint (open) Emptygive us a pint (open) Empty 
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

give us a pint (open)

2 posters

Go down

Dartagnan Lestoat

give us a pint (open) Empty give us a pint (open)

Post by Dartagnan Lestoat Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:20 am

Meal times were often an embarrassing affair for Dartagnan, and he requested to drink that sustenance in private instead. He thought that everyone was staring at him as he ate through his dinner, that he didn't actually have to eat at all. It was all just to appear more human. His brother hardly went inside the Great Hall, unless he felt like rubbing it in by guzzling back a pint of animal blood. Bonus points if some of it leaks out the corner of his mouth, and down his chin...

But perhaps he shouldn't be doing this, Dartagnan thought. He wanted to be alongside everyone else, but at the same time he didn't want to upset anyone...

As he finished his meal, the elves had seemed to have forgotten his preferences of dining. A large glass full of animal blood appeared before him. He took it quickly, and immediately tried to hide it under the table before anyone saw.
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Dartagnan Lestoat
Mini Ava :
give us a pint (open) O3NnqG
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Dart
Student
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Vampire
Face Claimpp :
Owen Teague
Hufflepuff
Favorite Subject: Herbology
Virgo
American
Vampire
Pride Flag
Of Age

Back to top Go down

Deryn Thistlethwaite

give us a pint (open) Empty Re: give us a pint (open)

Post by Deryn Thistlethwaite Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:30 am

Deryn was chatting with one of her housemates about the recent murtlap bitings when she briefly spotted a gleaming, red beverage out of the corner of her eyes. Although she was frequently afraid to take care of her fellow students as a prefect, a part of her thought it was slightly easier dealing with her housemates. Her big, brown eyes moved to face Dart. That was what he was called, right? She wasn't the greatest with names!

Her mouth opened slightly then she closed it. How could she say something without coming off as too authoritarian? After all, it was only her housemate!

"Is that wine?!"

She didn't know wine was allowed outside of transfiguration class!

@Dartagnan Lestoat
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Deryn Thistlethwaite
Mini Ava :
give us a pint (open) 97872dfc975b72761fbb99bb847270a9a70cf759
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Ryn
6th Year/Prefect
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Half-blood
Face Claimpp :
Shelley Duvall
Hufflepuff
Prefect
British
Loves Daytime
Favorite Subject: COMC
Cancer
Pukwudgie

Back to top Go down

Dartagnan Lestoat

Post by Dartagnan Lestoat Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:42 am

Before he even realised what he was doing, he'd placed his finger lightly over her mouth.

Wait... humans generally didn't like it when someone touches them. They doubly didn't like it when someone's fingers, that could be dirty, were put on their lips. It came across as threatening, or disgusting, or both. He quickly took them away again.

"Sorry, sorry," he whispered desperately, flinching away from her to make it apparent of his intentions. They were not to intimidate her! "It's not wine," he explained, still keeping a firm grip of the glass with one hand, under the table. "It's something else. You're... a prefect, aren't you? It's something that I can have, please trust me on that."

@"Deryn Thistlewaite"
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Dartagnan Lestoat
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Dart
Student
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Vampire
Face Claimpp :
Owen Teague
Hufflepuff
Virgo
American
Vampire
Pride Flag
Of Age

Back to top Go down

Deryn Thistlethwaite

Post by Deryn Thistlethwaite Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:54 am

She blinked numerous times as his finger went to and from here; what was going on?! Deryn gave him a small smile to show that she wasn't trying to be mean or rude or anything of that sort.

"Sorry if I interrupted you!"

Well, Deryn didn't know if she was interrupting anything. Her eyes widened as he explained that it was something he was allowed to have. "Is it medication?! Does it taste better than some of the potions in the hospital wing? Some of the cherry medications I've had from the muggle world are gross! Does it taste like actual cherries?" The red color meant that it had to be cherry-flavored!

@Dartagnan Lestoat
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Deryn Thistlethwaite
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Ryn
6th Year/Prefect
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Half-blood
Face Claimpp :
Shelley Duvall
Hufflepuff
Prefect
British
Loves Daytime
Cancer
Pukwudgie

Back to top Go down

Dartagnan Lestoat

Post by Dartagnan Lestoat Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:31 pm

"No, no. It's fine. I'm glad that you did, it's just..."

He looked down at the glass uneasily. Then he looked back at her. It was strange how she miraculously pieced together an excuse for him, even if it would be difficult to play off. Humans valued honesty. He valued honesty. Perhaps he should just be honest?

"It's sort of like medication, I guess," he said, his voice soft and breathy, "It's... what vampires like me drink, to stay nourished." If she was going to be frightened or disgusted by it, he hoped she she wouldn't make much of a scene. She didn't seem to pay much mind to the level of her voice, though.

@Deryn Thistlethwaite
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Dartagnan Lestoat
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Dart
Student
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Vampire
Face Claimpp :
Owen Teague
Hufflepuff
Virgo
American
Vampire
Pride Flag
Of Age

Back to top Go down

Deryn Thistlethwaite

Post by Deryn Thistlethwaite Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:25 pm

He's a vampire?! Whoa! Hogwarts really has become more progressive since her older sister attended!

"Ohhh like supplements!" she said with a slow nod.

There were drinkable supplements in the muggle world; all you had to do was find the right tablets and stick them in water! "Does it give you iron? You know, with winter coming, I need to start taking some Vitamin D! I get sad when there's not much sunshine!"

Wait - that was probably an insensitive comment to a vampire!

"Do you get offended when people talk about the sun?"

@Dartagnan Lestoat
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Deryn Thistlethwaite
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Ryn
6th Year/Prefect
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Half-blood
Face Claimpp :
Shelley Duvall
Hufflepuff
Prefect
British
Loves Daytime
Cancer
Pukwudgie

Back to top Go down

Dartagnan Lestoat

Post by Dartagnan Lestoat Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:40 pm

Seeing her take to the idea so quickly was a great relief to him. The usual reaction was quite different. He still couldn't be comfortable enough to drink in front of her, or any of the other students seated in the hall right now. It was uncomfortable for him to do something that humans considered macabre: even magical humans. Some were more accepting than others though, and he was reminded of that speaking to her.

He chuckled a little. "No, I don't get offended by it. I like going out in the sun sometimes. There's some things we can do to prevent the effects of it, but any lengthy exposure is uncomfortable - no matter how many layers of cream, or how dark my sunglasses, or how thick the parasol."

Strangely enough he was fairly comfortable about saying that to her.

"I think it's better if you think of it as our sustenance, rather than a supplement. We need it to keep going."

He smiled a little at her, without showing his teeth. Even when he spoke, he moved his lips in such a way that covered what was inside his mouth.

"I'm Dartagnan. Dartagnan Lestoat."

@Deryn Thistlethwaite
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Dartagnan Lestoat
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Dart
Student
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Vampire
Face Claimpp :
Owen Teague
Hufflepuff
Virgo
American
Vampire
Pride Flag
Of Age

Back to top Go down

Deryn Thistlethwaite

Post by Deryn Thistlethwaite Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:10 pm

"You must not take many outdoor classes then!"

Was he able to sit near windows when the sun was shining? What if he got burnt doing that?! Deryn was glad she didn't have to worry about that as a human besides some regular sunscreen! She took a sip of her pumpkin juice as she listened to him.

"Ohhhh like water!"

Exactly like water!

She smiled widely at him. "I'm Deryn! It's nice to meet you!"

Huh, for someone around her year, she's never seen him before!

@Dartagnan Lestoat
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Deryn Thistlethwaite
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Ryn
6th Year/Prefect
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Half-blood
Face Claimpp :
Shelley Duvall
Hufflepuff
Prefect
British
Loves Daytime
Cancer
Pukwudgie

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down