Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
higher than love ((indigo)) Emptyhigher than love ((indigo)) Emptyhigher than love ((indigo)) Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
higher than love ((indigo)) Emptyhigher than love ((indigo)) Emptyhigher than love ((indigo)) Empty 
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

higher than love ((indigo))

2 posters

Go down

Harrison Jetson

higher than love ((indigo)) Empty higher than love ((indigo))

Post by Harrison Jetson Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:57 pm

It had actually surprised Harrison that he hadn't made his first trip to the roller rink of the year yet. So, after Indigo's shift at the Ministry, he went ahead and picked him up to spend part of the evening together. They did already spend a lot of time together now that they've been cohabiting for a few months, but he always enjoyed a chance to get out of the house for a bit.

Ah, there it was: the place they had officially met. At first, the roller rink was the place of refuge in the midst of a failing marriage and the chance to entertain his nostalgia. As usual, the inside was inviting and intoxicating. Harrison went over and grabbed a pair of skates in his size. "I know I ask you this every day, but how's the internship going?"

@Indigo Macmillan
Auror
Harrison Jetson
Mini Ava :
higher than love ((indigo)) 3b61f34e47d87a3df8ea1e2ad056e4e9ca96238f
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
harrison
auror
sexual orientation :
bisexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Brandon Lee
partner pic :
married to pasithea
Nostalgic
Made 500 Posts
Gryffindor
Part-Vampire
Auror
Apparition
Non-Verbal Master
Parent
Graduated
OOTP Member / Supporter
Occlumens
Legilimens
Pride Flag
Gemini
Married
British
Homeowner
Loves Nightime
Of Age
Wealthy
Favorite Season: Winter
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Indigo Macmillan

higher than love ((indigo)) Empty Re: higher than love ((indigo))

Post by Indigo Macmillan Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:17 pm

A few years ago, going to this sort of establishment as a way to spend the evening would've been unthinkable. The old Indigo would have scoffed, considered it frivolous, and taken to his books and studies instead. The old Indigo, as it happens, wasn't much 'fun'. Now he was strapping roller skates eagerly to his feet as though they were new loafers, and happy to be listening to the music as they rolled along together.

Some things changed. Some things didn't: "I've learnt that the general public is entirely made up of idiots." It was the sort of thing one expected to come from his mouth. He sighed exasperatedly. "I have no idea if they have forgotten the lessons taught by their Mothers, or if their Mothers were completely incompetent and taught them naught. No wonder people often complain of the Ministry slacking: it's because they're spending their time picking up the pieces for these morons."

The skates were on, and he stood up confidently. He was several inches taller with them on, at least.

"Then again, why I am surprised..."

@Harrison Jetson
Ministry/MACUSA Worker
Indigo Macmillan
Mini Ava :
higher than love ((indigo)) Indigif2
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Indi
Ministry Intern
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Tom Glynn-Carney
Graduated
Ministry Worker
Hufflepuff
British
Scorpio
Wealthy
Favorite Subject: Charms
Apparition
Pride Flag
Made 400 Posts
Of Age
Loves Fashion

Back to top Go down

Harrison Jetson

Post by Harrison Jetson Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:22 pm

"Yeah, I had to learn that the hard way. My very first crime investigation, the victim's mother kept sending me howlers for not doing my job fast enough. I had to change my address..."

Harrison was glad to have helped so many people, but he absolutely didn't miss all the entitlement and office politics that came with working in the Ministry. He was still shocked that he became a wizarding cop after all the debauchery he had done while living as a muggle. Reaching out his hand for Indigo to grab, he stood up after tying his skates on.

"Even though I am retired, I am considering having an expansion put onto the house so I have a space to practice for combat in case I need it. I could teach you as well..."

Was it possible for combat-training to be oddly intimate? That was something he wouldn't mind finding out.

"I must admit, I own a few of her albums. She wasn't Celestina in fame, but her music was wonderful when I wanted something lighter."

@Indigo Macmillan
Auror
Harrison Jetson
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
harrison
auror
sexual orientation :
bisexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Brandon Lee
partner pic :
married to pasithea
Nostalgic
Made 500 Posts
Gryffindor
Part-Vampire
Auror
Apparition
Non-Verbal Master
Parent
Graduated
OOTP Member / Supporter
Occlumens
Legilimens
Pride Flag
Gemini
Married
British
Homeowner
Loves Nightime
Of Age
Wealthy
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Indigo Macmillan

Post by Indigo Macmillan Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:44 pm

"People are too busy scrutinising those who are actively trying to help instead of opening their eyes to what's going on underneath their noses. All about the conspiracy and none about the evidential proof."

Since the battle at Hogsmeade, Indigo's attitude had changed in the broader scheme of things. He was likely one of those people who complained about trivial things, but since seeing what evil could do first-hand; his perception had shifted.

"All right... I think I could use it," He admitted, for once having no hesitance to admit his weaknesses.

As he took to the rink, he smiled at Harrison. "As an intern, they've been taking us around all the departments. I was shown your old desk," He said fondly, beaming with pride. In this moment in time, he didn't know if others at the Ministry knew he was dating, and cohabiting with Harrison. If they did know, they hadn't given him any grief for it yet. The world of adults suited him.

@Harrison Jetson
Ministry/MACUSA Worker
Indigo Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Indi
Ministry Intern
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Tom Glynn-Carney
Graduated
Ministry Worker
Hufflepuff
British
Scorpio
Wealthy
Apparition
Pride Flag
Made 400 Posts
Of Age
Loves Fashion

Back to top Go down

Harrison Jetson

Post by Harrison Jetson Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:03 pm

He smiled widely when Indigo accepted his offer. "Great! The basics aren't that dissimilar to dueling, it's more of a difference in technique. As long as you've taken dueling while at Hogwarts, you already have knowledge to build off of." It still required plenty of practice and learning though as one also needed to know how to study their opponent. If one can't do that, they'll have a much harder time at surprising them.

"I imagine they changed some of the colors back by now. I had customized it some so it would feel homely whenever I had to spend a long time in the office." The bland mixture of corporate and classical aesthetics just didn't do it for him. Of course, he had various vintage nick-knacks displayed throughout it so there was a touch of the things he loved. It was surreal to have packed it all up right before the holidays. He knew he did well at his job, but Harrison couldn't bring himself to stay working there anymore just so most of the department would leech off his coattails.

@Indigo Macmillan
Auror
Harrison Jetson
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
harrison
auror
sexual orientation :
bisexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Brandon Lee
partner pic :
married to pasithea
Nostalgic
Made 500 Posts
Gryffindor
Part-Vampire
Auror
Apparition
Non-Verbal Master
Parent
Graduated
OOTP Member / Supporter
Occlumens
Legilimens
Pride Flag
Gemini
Married
British
Homeowner
Loves Nightime
Of Age
Wealthy
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Indigo Macmillan

Post by Indigo Macmillan Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:15 pm

"I didn't elect Defence as a NEWT subject..." He began gingerly. Back then he felt he hadn't the need to take defence against the dark arts, as he knew that it wasn't his strongest subject or something he wished to pursue for a career. "But I can recall the basics at OWL level, I suppose." Even in Charms class, he had preferred to focus on practical uses rather than ones that could be used in a battle situation. No one of his generation had anticipated another rising of Death Eaters, after all.

He pursed his lips thoughtfully.

"It looked like a plain desk, honestly," He said, thinking it was a shame for them to completely clear away any trace of Harrison within their office. Then again, he supposed, it was to make room for others. "At least it seemed as though no one else was sitting there."

Perhaps this was a good time to ask...

"Did you... ever tell your co-workers about us?"

@Harrison Jetson
Ministry/MACUSA Worker
Indigo Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Indi
Ministry Intern
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Tom Glynn-Carney
Graduated
Ministry Worker
Hufflepuff
British
Scorpio
Wealthy
Apparition
Pride Flag
Made 400 Posts
Of Age
Loves Fashion

Back to top Go down

Harrison Jetson

Post by Harrison Jetson Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:25 pm

Harrison nodded. OWL-level knowledge should be sufficient enough for the basics. After all, it would be more of a review until it came time to adding more spells to one's reservoir. "I didn't apply myself as much as I should have. I'm sure that is why the hat decided I wasn't good enough for Ravenclaw." After all, he had more pressing concerns of hiding his vampirism and rebelling. It shocked others in his house that he wasn't a Slytherin as he had never felt the need to avoid Knockturn Alley.

"I see. I'm surprised they didn't do what they did after the second wizarding war by offering any seventh year that fought a position. It would've gotten them out of this predicament." Although it was an unusual method of recruitment, he had gotten some competent colleagues that way until they decided to pursue careers of actual interest.

"I usually don't tell them about my life in general. Usually, everyone in the building knows the latest news by the end of the work day. So, yes, they know about us. These crystals just make people's business everyone's business!"

Old man yelling at clouds much?

@Indigo Macmillan
Auror
Harrison Jetson
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
harrison
auror
sexual orientation :
bisexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Brandon Lee
partner pic :
married to pasithea
Nostalgic
Made 500 Posts
Gryffindor
Part-Vampire
Auror
Apparition
Non-Verbal Master
Parent
Graduated
OOTP Member / Supporter
Occlumens
Legilimens
Pride Flag
Gemini
Married
British
Homeowner
Loves Nightime
Of Age
Wealthy
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Indigo Macmillan

Post by Indigo Macmillan Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:43 pm

"I will always hold to the opinion that Hufflepuff is a better house than Ravenclaw," Indigo said proudly, although he was quite sure Harrison was in Gryffindor house. It alarmed him that he didn't recall immediately which house he was in. Was it Gryffindor, or was it Slytherin? They were living together: he should know these things! "Much like the case of my brother," He went on, dismissing the moment of forgetfulness, "A Ravenclaw, but a slacker. They seemed to hold themselves in high regard, but their natural intelligence was never executed in the right way. A lot of them lacked the drive of Hufflepuffs and Slytherins."

In that, he didn't mean to demean Harrison.

"Perhaps my generation was seen as far away enough from dark tyrannical uprising," He reasoned, although he felt stupid to say it now.

It was bittersweet, perhaps, that Harrison had kept his private life private. He knew very well how the grapevine worked, indeed. Still, he let it go. No one had been rude or judging of him, although it made sense now why they would point out Harridon's desk in particular. That plain, uninhabited desk...

"But you don't regret retirement, do you?" He asked, sounding uncharacteristically sentimental.

@Harrison Jetson

Ministry/MACUSA Worker
Indigo Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Indi
Ministry Intern
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Tom Glynn-Carney
Graduated
Ministry Worker
Hufflepuff
British
Scorpio
Wealthy
Apparition
Pride Flag
Made 400 Posts
Of Age
Loves Fashion

Back to top Go down

Harrison Jetson

Post by Harrison Jetson Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:01 pm

"I don't claim to know the secrets of the hat, but I know a lot of it seems to do with values. I guess I put courageousness over anything else as I chose to live my life completely on my terms once I got out."

It certainly made sense with his lifestyle prior to settling down and eventually living the way he did currently. Nevermind how willing he was to brush other things aside to defeat the Death Eaters. At times, it felt odd being the de facto leader of the Order as a result of having more focus than Harry and being more willing to do some dirty work. If he had to guess, he was probably the only one who'd use darker magic without hesitance if it were to save a life.

"The Ministry has also changed administrations several times since the war. I remember being shocked when Shacklebolt ended up not being able to function well enough to serve as Minister. It''s surprising the country didn't fall into chaos then."

Spinning around on the rink, Harrison shook his head. "Not at all. I just feel sorry for the dingbat that has to deal with the newer aurors. The standards have gotten lower over the years."

@Indigo Macmillan
Auror
Harrison Jetson
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
harrison
auror
sexual orientation :
bisexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Brandon Lee
partner pic :
married to pasithea
Nostalgic
Made 500 Posts
Gryffindor
Part-Vampire
Auror
Apparition
Non-Verbal Master
Parent
Graduated
OOTP Member / Supporter
Occlumens
Legilimens
Pride Flag
Gemini
Married
British
Homeowner
Loves Nightime
Of Age
Wealthy
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Indigo Macmillan

Post by Indigo Macmillan Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:57 pm

That confirmed it then: he was a Gryffindor. It made more sense, he felt, than Slytherin.

"I admit I can't feel much for our current Minister," He said, and knew that judgement stemmed from this demon persona, which many had raised their eyebrows to. A lot of them had even denied the existence of such a thing, which is what he was feeling. "Is this all just some elaborate publicity stunt? I mean demons, really." He didn't like to speak ill of an employer, but his cynicism took front field. "I hate to agree with conspiracy, as you know, but it seems more logical to assume he is a squib with a flashy excuse."

It was good that Harrison was teaching him. He wanted to have trust in the Minister, but as it stands... he had more trust in his instincts to deny something that was considered fable and mythical.

"I was introduced to the dingbat. Although I forget his name," He admitted, "He seemed charismatic enough."

This was quite an in-depth conversation considering what they were doing. He decided he should change the subject.

"Your son shows a lot of promise."

@Harrison Jetson
Ministry/MACUSA Worker
Indigo Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Indi
Ministry Intern
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Tom Glynn-Carney
Graduated
Ministry Worker
Hufflepuff
British
Scorpio
Wealthy
Apparition
Pride Flag
Made 400 Posts
Of Age
Loves Fashion

Back to top Go down

Harrison Jetson

Post by Harrison Jetson Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:13 pm

Harrison sure had some stories about the Minister even if he only knew him for a rather brief time. "He knew about my, uh, affliction without me even telling him. That weirded me out. His wife seemed aloof. Those were my first impressions," he admitted. "I've heard murmurs about demons, but I always thought it was religious muggle bullshit." He had his fair share of encounters with those types back in the day.

"As long as he's actually competent..."

His hopes for the auror department wasn't too high currently.

"He does, I do worry he might end up on a power trip..." Harrison witnessed firsthand how quickly power could go to somebody's head. It wasn't pretty.

@Indigo Macmillan
Auror
Harrison Jetson
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
harrison
auror
sexual orientation :
bisexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Brandon Lee
partner pic :
married to pasithea
Nostalgic
Made 500 Posts
Gryffindor
Part-Vampire
Auror
Apparition
Non-Verbal Master
Parent
Graduated
OOTP Member / Supporter
Occlumens
Legilimens
Pride Flag
Gemini
Married
British
Homeowner
Loves Nightime
Of Age
Wealthy
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Indigo Macmillan

Post by Indigo Macmillan Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:31 pm

Hmm. Whoever heard about a squib who was a legilimens? Unless he had deeper connections than what he thought. Indigo wasn't convinced: particularly by Harrison's confirmation of muggle bullshit. Then again, Unicorns were essentially muggle bullshit.

"Really."

A power trip. It seemed, from what he witnessed, that Narkissos wouldn't be like that. He wasn't going to start questioning some-teen years of knowing and a parental understanding, however. He was just enjoying the idea that he and his son were finding common ground.

"Perhaps we should invite your children around for dinner soon," He said, and wouldn't have said it some time ago. "It would give them an opportunity to see how well we live together, and that you are happy."

@Harrison Jetson
Ministry/MACUSA Worker
Indigo Macmillan
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Indi
Ministry Intern
sexual orientation :
Homosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Tom Glynn-Carney
Graduated
Ministry Worker
Hufflepuff
British
Scorpio
Wealthy
Apparition
Pride Flag
Made 400 Posts
Of Age
Loves Fashion

Back to top Go down

Harrison Jetson

Post by Harrison Jetson Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:38 pm

"I guess it wouldn't hurt. We'll have to get takeaway as I'm bad at cooking." Just when it'd be a good time for such a thing was the question, especially as school had started back up for the semester, and he knew both of his children would be very busy with exams coming up.

Harrison heard the song change rather quickly. Was the DJ not using any extended mixes currently? That was a shame. It took away from the disco aspect a bit.

"How does your parents feel about us? I know it was rather awkward at Christmas considering your father and I have worked together in the past..."

@Indigo Macmillan
Auror
Harrison Jetson
Mini Ava :
Alias :
xaria
Nickname :
harrison
auror
sexual orientation :
bisexual
blood purity :
pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Brandon Lee
partner pic :
married to pasithea
Nostalgic
Made 500 Posts
Gryffindor
Part-Vampire
Auror
Apparition
Non-Verbal Master
Parent
Graduated
OOTP Member / Supporter
Occlumens
Legilimens
Pride Flag
Gemini
Married
British
Homeowner
Loves Nightime
Of Age
Wealthy
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down