Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
family outing ((cassius & hector)) Emptyfamily outing ((cassius & hector)) Emptyfamily outing ((cassius & hector)) Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
family outing ((cassius & hector)) Emptyfamily outing ((cassius & hector)) Emptyfamily outing ((cassius & hector)) Empty 
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

family outing ((cassius & hector))

3 posters

Go down

Acheflow Burke

family outing ((cassius & hector)) Empty family outing ((cassius & hector))

Post by Acheflow Burke Sat May 20, 2023 5:30 pm

Now that autumn was here to stay, Acheflow felt absolutely wonderful. None of her grandchildren were causing any trouble or doing anything immoral, that was something to always be grateful for. It was such a relief that Cecelia was being less defiant as far as she was aware, Melanthius continued to excel at academics, and both Cassius and Hector were encountering success in their careers as businessmen. She couldn't be more proud! So, naturally, she had to treat her young entrepreneurs for lunch.

Acheflow sat at a rounded table located in one of the more expensive, fancier corners of an already high-class restaurant. She wasn't one to skimp out on luxury in any area of her life, especially when the luxury in question was clean and pristine. Pouring herself a glass of white wine, she asked her grandsons, "Do either of you have any future plans I may be interested in?"

@Cassius Burke @Hector Burke
Adult
Acheflow Burke
Mini Ava :
family outing ((cassius & hector)) Vivian-pickles-harold-and-maude
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Acheflow
Socialite
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Vivian Pickles
partner pic :
family outing ((cassius & hector)) DiscreteRegularDeermouse-max-1mb
Slytherin
Favorite Subject: Ancient Runes
British
Libra
Apparition
Married
Parent
Of Age
Wealthy

Back to top Go down

Hector Burke

family outing ((cassius & hector)) Empty Re: family outing ((cassius & hector))

Post by Hector Burke Sat May 20, 2023 6:00 pm

Hector was enjoying the atmosphere of the restaurant, and it's crisp, classic decor and enchanted string quartet were putting him well at ease. It could have been the fact he was on his second glass of wine, but it was a very pleasant afternoon nonetheless.

The only problem was him - Cassius.

He had never quarrelled with his cousin. They saw eye to eye on most things. But now that Hector was sat across from him, taking in his appearance, he was wondering how he measured up on the handsome scale. Was Cassius more handsome than he was? Did women regard him as such? Why was he even thinking about these things? It was as though, for the first time, he was desperately trying to pick a flaw in Cassius...

He was glad to have his silly thoughts interrupted by his Grandmother.

"As for me in that regard," he pitched in, before Cassius had the chance, "I do have something planned with Miss Travers, after she has completed her schooling. She is a very talented potioneer, but has little patience for business matters. That's where I come in."

He took a sip of wine as though congratulating himself, eyeing Cassius carefully. Let's see if he could follow that, Hector thought smugly.

@Cassius Burke @Acheflow Burke
Shop Owner
Hector Burke
Mini Ava :
family outing ((cassius & hector)) Hectorgif01
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Hector
Borgin & Burkes Owner
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Calam Lynch
partner pic :
family outing ((cassius & hector)) Hectorgif02
Graduated
Shop Worker / Owner
Slytherin
Virgo
Wealthy
British
Apparition
Of Age
Prefect
Favorite Season: Winter
Made 100 Posts
Engaged

Back to top Go down

Cassius Burke

Post by Cassius Burke Sun May 21, 2023 11:10 am

Cassius had dressed smartly for the afternoon out with his cousin Hector and their beloved grandmother. He had no doubt that their grandmother would plan a lovely lunch for them and he had not been disappointed. The ambiance in the restaurant was relaxed but with an air of sophistication that he found rather comforting. The sound of the stringed instruments playing their soothing melodies was like a balm to his nerves as he sat with his relatives at the little round table.

He had been looking forward to reconnecting with his cousin, Hector. They had always seen eye to eye before he had left but it seemed like since he had returned there was something different with his cousin, he couldn't put his finger on it but he thought he had caught his cousin looking at him with a look of contempt on more than one occasion before he schooled his features once more. He wasn't sure what he had done to offend his cousin but he wasn't going to let whatever slight he thought he had committed to ruin this afternoon.

A charming smile came to his lips when his grandmother asked of their future plans. Though, before he could even open his mouth, his cousin had started speaking and telling of his plans with Miss Travers. Interesting. "Good luck with your undertakings with Miss Travers, cousin. I'm sure it will be very fruitful." He said, not holding anything against his cousin and wanting him to succeed since he would be furthering the Burke name no matter his undertakings. "I have been looking into some things but since I have only just returned I fear I have been lax on securing any set plans." He said, having the good grace to look slightly embarrassed by his lack of action. Maybe he had been allowing himself to be a bit distracted... Who wouldn't be distracted by such a beauty as Andrea Herrera though?

@Acheflow Burke @Hector Burke
Adult
Cassius Burke
Mini Ava :
family outing ((cassius & hector)) 000000
Alias :
Kacie
Nickname :
Cass
Entrepreneur
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Francisco Lachowski
partner pic :
Libra
British
Of Age
Wealthy

Back to top Go down

Acheflow Burke

Post by Acheflow Burke Sun May 21, 2023 1:56 pm

"Oh, that's wonderful, Hector! Is she going to have a storefront? Has she produced potions you reckon I'd use?" As usual, Acheflow wanted to know all of the details! And to think, her grandson already managed to establish a Roman bath that she could use whenever she fancied...

Childrearing certainly paid off. Grinning, she turned to Cassius as she nursed her wine. "How was your recent travels? You should tell us about your time at Durmstrang."

Acheflow felt as if she didn't get to talk to Cassius as much over the past year due to being away from the rest of the family.

Although it was particularly grey outside, there were hints of light that occasionally made its way through the window, making her hair and jewelry glisten slightly.

@Hector Burke @Cassius Burke
Adult
Acheflow Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Acheflow
Socialite
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Vivian Pickles
partner pic :
Slytherin
British
Libra
Apparition
Married
Parent
Of Age
Wealthy

Back to top Go down

Hector Burke

Post by Hector Burke Sun May 21, 2023 3:46 pm

"What a shame," Hector replied snidely, whilst raising his hand to get the attention of a server strolling by. Ordering another glass of wine, he turned back to his Grandmother and cousin to bask in the brilliance of his success.

"I believe so," he replied to his Grandmother, whilst scrutinising the menu, "There should be plenty for you to benefit from, Grandmother. She already does a fair trade with girls at the school - pampering and skin care potions, and whatnot."

His eyes switched to Cassius as his drink arrived. No sooner had it made contact with the table and he was picking it up, nursing it in his hand.

"Yes. Tell us, Cassius. Apart from how frightfully cold it is up there."

@Acheflow Burke @Cassius Burke

Shop Owner
Hector Burke
Mini Ava :
family outing ((cassius & hector)) Hectorgif01
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Hector
Borgin & Burkes Owner
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Calam Lynch
partner pic :
family outing ((cassius & hector)) Hectorgif02
Graduated
Shop Worker / Owner
Slytherin
Virgo
Wealthy
British
Apparition
Of Age
Prefect
Favorite Season: Winter
Made 100 Posts
Engaged

Back to top Go down

Cassius Burke

Post by Cassius Burke Mon May 22, 2023 10:39 am

Cassius couldn't help but to shoot his cousin a glare at the tone he used. He was unsure what had gotten into Hector since he had returned but he did not appreciate the shade that his cousin was throwing his direction. He was never the type who wanted to compete with his family because as long as the Burke name succeeded then that was always what mattered to him. He had thought Hector to be the same but it seemed that things had changed in his absence. Cassius lifted his own glass to his lips while Hector prattled on about beauty potions and the like. Weren't those sold in every apothecary on every street corner these days? "Aren't beauty and pampering potions a dime a dozen nowadays? Doesn't sound like a novel market to me." He said with a frown, if Hector could make snide remarks then he could as well.

Then the subject turned to him once more and he placed his wine back on the table. "My travels were quite enlightening, grandmother. I feel like I have learned a lot about the culture that could help to bring in things like investors to whatever business ventures I find worth my while as well as finding some likeminded individuals I might be interested in investing in myself. As for the cold, it wasn't so bad once you get used to it." He said with a bit of a smirk since it sounded to him like maybe Hector couldn't handle the cold which was why he brought it up. "I have plans to expand outside our general area which will require me to learn more about different cultures which I do find fascinating." Languages and cultures were interesting to him, so he hoped that he would have his grandmother's blessing in these ventures.

@Acheflow Burke @Hector Burke
Adult
Cassius Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Kacie
Nickname :
Cass
Entrepreneur
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Francisco Lachowski
partner pic :
Libra
British
Of Age
Wealthy

Back to top Go down

Acheflow Burke

Post by Acheflow Burke Mon May 22, 2023 12:49 pm

Her eyes twinkled in delight. "Excellent, dear. I shall inquire her about her side of the business proceedings later."

She nearly gossiped about her arranged marriage with Comarth Selwyn as if she was hanging out with one of her lady friends, but Acheflow was able to stop herself before listening to Cassius with open ears. Swirling her glass of wine in her hand, she took another drink before setting it back down on the table.

Unlike the issues Hector and his siblings have had, Acheflow was completely oblivious to the growing disagreement between him and Cassius spurred from Andrea, who she thought was a lovely young woman.

"You plan on making the house of Burke international then, Cassius! Oh, how positively wonderful! If you learn other culture's languages, you'll have such an easier time negotiating and making business deals. Your uncle, Hector's father, is a polyglot himself from all of his years of traveling. Speaking of that, Hector, I believe you should learn Japanese so you can communicate better with Sakura. It will be very important if you're desiring to have a destination wedding."

@Hector Burke @Cassius Burke
Adult
Acheflow Burke
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Acheflow
Socialite
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Vivian Pickles
partner pic :
Slytherin
British
Libra
Apparition
Married
Parent
Of Age
Wealthy

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down