Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
can't relate to a happy state (emery) Emptycan't relate to a happy state (emery) Emptycan't relate to a happy state (emery) Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
can't relate to a happy state (emery) Emptycan't relate to a happy state (emery) Emptycan't relate to a happy state (emery) Empty 
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

can't relate to a happy state (emery)

2 posters

Go down

Comarth Selwyn

can't relate to a happy state (emery) Empty can't relate to a happy state (emery)

Post by Comarth Selwyn Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:55 pm

After suffering through a three hour long Divination detention after failing to complete his project on time, Comarth was very much looking forward to returning to the Slytherin common room, settling down with his favourite novel and talking about anything that didn't involve the horrors of the chariot card in the upside-down position. The subject sounded interesting when offered to him in third year, but now he was coming to the end of fifth it was clear to him that it was going to be the first one he dropped for NEWTs.

As he wandered nearby Gryffindor tower, he glanced at a group of Gryffindors heading in. It wasn't that group that had him stopping mid-track, however: it was the girl who came shortly after them. As he hadn't seen her in classes, he could only imagine that she had only just got back from America. Was it permenant?

"Is there a stamp card for moving back and forth overseas? If there is, your next one might come free."

@Emerald Cartwright
Slytherin Sixth Year
Comarth Selwyn
Mini Ava :
can't relate to a happy state (emery) Coarth10
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Comarth
Student
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Earl Cave
partner pic :
can't relate to a happy state (emery) Comart14
Slytherin
Sagittarius
British
Wealthy
Favorite Season: Autumn
Made 100 Posts
Inventive
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Emerald Cartwright

can't relate to a happy state (emery) Empty Re: can't relate to a happy state (emery)

Post by Emerald Cartwright Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:26 am

Emery was trying to adjust being back in England with her family. She knew her parents hadn’t wanted her, but she had to stay with them. She had only returned for the Quidditch team since everyone needed her to return. She had been making a way when someone spoke to her. She’d had been taken aback by his words. “What are you talking about I wasn’t going to return if it wasn’t for my Quidditch team. Once the baby is born, I’m going back to playing for my team.” she said giving him a shrug.

Emery hadn’t been sure what to think if they were being insulting, but she’d make conversation.

@Comarth Selwyn
Gryffindor Sixth Year
Emerald Cartwright
Mini Ava :
can't relate to a happy state (emery) AhafOn
Alias :
Marni
Nickname :
Emery
6th Year and Qudditch Captain
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Dixie D'Amelio
Gryffindor
Quidditch Player
Libra
American
Pride Flag
Sports Captain
Wampus
Singer
Plays Guitar
Wealthy
Parent
Has Freckles
Made 300 Posts

Back to top Go down

Comarth Selwyn

can't relate to a happy state (emery) Empty Re: can't relate to a happy state (emery)

Post by Comarth Selwyn Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:46 pm

"Oh, I see. So you're being noble, then."

His eyes moved to where she was carrying a child, briefly wondering who the Father could be. There had been some rumours and speculation floating around, but he wasn't the type to pay much attention to that sort of thing.

"From the sounds of things, Gryffindor could use all the help they can get. Anyway - I welcome you back."

He bowed his head graciously to her. There must have been more to it than that, he thought, but they weren't friendly enough for her to reveal such things. "Ilvermorny and the American wizarding world must be far more inspiring than Hogwarts if Quidditch is the only reason for your return. What is it about America that secures your affections? Other than the fact it's where you're from originally, of course."

@Emerald Cartwright
Slytherin Sixth Year
Comarth Selwyn
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Comarth
Student
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Earl Cave
partner pic :
Slytherin
Sagittarius
British
Wealthy
Made 100 Posts
Inventive
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Emerald Cartwright

Post by Emerald Cartwright Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:28 pm

Emery didn’t like her parents, and the lot of kids at Hogwarts. She knew her parents were expecting to punish her, and she was just trying to move on. “I’m being noble and I would like to see Gryffindor suceed.” she said giving him a shrug.

“I can’t stand the mentality here, and the people here seem to be okay with being trophy wives and abused by their husbands instead of actually having respect for themselves. Ilvermorny isn’t about that, I believe everyone should be successful.” She said giving him a shrug.

“You are part of the Sacred Twenty Eight so Hogwarts is a breeze for you.” she said giving a smile. “Would you like to go talk somewhere more private?”

@Comarth Selwyn
Gryffindor Sixth Year
Emerald Cartwright
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Marni
Nickname :
Emery
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Dixie D'Amelio
Gryffindor
Quidditch Player
Libra
American
Pride Flag
Sports Captain
Wampus
Singer
Plays Guitar
Wealthy
Parent
Has Freckles
Made 300 Posts

Back to top Go down

Comarth Selwyn

Post by Comarth Selwyn Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:17 am

"I think you'll find that to be a minority, but I can see why that may concern you."

Their perception of the school was different, but as she rightly said, it could be something to do with himself being from a noteable family in the British wizarding world. It wasn't something he'd considered before, but now his mind was whirring.

When she smiled at him and asked what she did, he was taken aback. It showed on is face: his brow jerked and his lips parted slightly in surprise. Checking his watch and seeing that it was half seven, he glanced up again and considered the area around them. As it happened, there was a sewing room where he was keeping one of his half-finished creations. He dipped his head forwards to indicate it. "In here?" he asked, giving her the gesture to go first before he would inevitably follow.

@Emerald Cartwright
Slytherin Sixth Year
Comarth Selwyn
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Comarth
Student
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Earl Cave
partner pic :
Slytherin
Sagittarius
British
Wealthy
Made 100 Posts
Inventive
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Emerald Cartwright

Post by Emerald Cartwright Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:02 am

Emery nodded “Exactly and being a minority is mine but when people start thinking they are better than you it sucks.” she said giving him a bit of a shrug. “I just think a lot of the people here don’t know their worth, but keep letting people talk shit.” she said giving a shrug.

She followed Cormath to find a room and such and once he found one. “This works, want to take a seat.” she said giving him a bit of a smile.” she said. Going over she took a seat. “What is your family like?” she asked him hoping to learn more of what a Sacred Twenty Eight kid dealt with.

@Comarth Selwyn
Gryffindor Sixth Year
Emerald Cartwright
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Marni
Nickname :
Emery
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Dixie D'Amelio
Gryffindor
Quidditch Player
Libra
American
Pride Flag
Sports Captain
Wampus
Singer
Plays Guitar
Wealthy
Parent
Has Freckles
Made 300 Posts

Back to top Go down

Comarth Selwyn

Post by Comarth Selwyn Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:46 am

Walking inside, Comarth unlocked one of the drawers inside of a floor-to-ceiling cabinet, standing on a stool to assist his height, and took out some folded up material from within there. Going to the shelves, he inspected some of the threads before taking the one he needed and only took a seat after he'd got everything together.

"Profectus acquiritur virtute," he said, measuring out thread but briefly glancing up to smile at her. Lowering his head again, he cut it to size and passed it through the needle using his wand. "That's our family motto. Translated from latin it means virtue is aquired by success. We are a prosperous family, as you may expect from the twenty-eight, but we are always contributers. We have our wealth and gaily stately home, yes, but it is secured by the success of every generation. Our ancestors have been scholars, inventors, researchers, founders - adventurers. I can count the days I spent at home this summer on one hand, as the majority of it was spent in the mountains of Peru with my Mother: she is a Curse Breaker."

Unfolding the material, a single sweep of his wand and neat stitches pulled together a seam of a sleeve.

"So we aren't the type of family to sit around looking at each other every day or roll around in the bounty of our riches when there's work to be done. That would be the Rowles, or the Lestranges."

@Emerald Cartwright
Slytherin Sixth Year
Comarth Selwyn
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Comarth
Student
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Earl Cave
partner pic :
Slytherin
Sagittarius
British
Wealthy
Made 100 Posts
Inventive
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Emerald Cartwright

Post by Emerald Cartwright Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:58 am

Emerald found that the Selwyns didn’t seem to care about richies and stuff to be highly fascinating. Since everyone likes to boost about how they are well taken care of and loved when they got nothing to show for it especially Alayna. She believed Alayna to be truly hopeless. She watched him use his wand to sew, “You seem really good at doing what you do?” she said eyeing with great interest. He seemed pretty knowledgeable about what he did. “You like to sew that’s really cool. My mother thinks sewing is a poor person game, when some of the best used to sew.” she pointed out which had been the truth.

“I agree, but according to them that makes them rich. It’s quite daunting if you ask me why would want to flaunt your riches when you’d get more respect for actually being highly successful.” she said giving him a bit of a shrug. “Name one of your ancestors I’ll have to look up some Selwyns.” she said crossing her hands. “My mother believes ungrateful girls should be punished by being housewives and facing abuse.” she said giving a bit of a sigh. Her family was unhinged if you ask her. “Where in Peru? I’ve never heard much about the mountains.” she said trying to ponder where the mountains were.

@Comarth Selwyn
Gryffindor Sixth Year
Emerald Cartwright
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Marni
Nickname :
Emery
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Dixie D'Amelio
Gryffindor
Quidditch Player
Libra
American
Pride Flag
Sports Captain
Wampus
Singer
Plays Guitar
Wealthy
Parent
Has Freckles
Made 300 Posts

Back to top Go down

Comarth Selwyn

Post by Comarth Selwyn Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:30 pm

He smiled slightly whilst examining the stitches. Just sitting and talking to someone was something he hated: he had to be doing something, even if it were reading, or doing homework. "I suppose it depends on what it is you're making. This isn't exactly a dress jacket."

It was nice to hear her saying these things, at least. He took everything as a great compliment.

"Anselm Selwyn was a famous pioneer of magical properties in common foraging, right the way back in the middle ages. He is quite fascinating, particularly as I couldn't fathom dedicating hours to such a thing."

Her Mother sounded a bit bizarre.

"Near the border of Bolivia - in the Andes mountains. There are tombs up at high altitudes, and some are guarded by Peruvian Vipertooths: dragons," he tried not to grin too widely, but he couldn't help himself. "The lining that I am putting together now will be the interior of a dragon hide jacket. The hide I had collected from a deceased Vipertooth in the summer just gone... with some help, of course. It's quite a big job for one person alone."

@Emerald Cartwright
Slytherin Sixth Year
Comarth Selwyn
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Comarth
Student
sexual orientation :
Pansexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Earl Cave
partner pic :
Slytherin
Sagittarius
British
Wealthy
Made 100 Posts
Inventive
Has a Scar

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum