Running Up That Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Rating 3 2 3 Top RP Sites

I forgot my password

current time
October 2021
welcome
Back to school time! Professor Riddle is now Headmaster, and plenty of changes await Hogwarts students new and returning.
updates
latest posts
Lakeesha Miller
Cernunnos Largo / Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm
British Face Claim
Marisol Herrera / Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Birthday Masterlist
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:53 am
Claim a Badge!
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:51 am
Dorm List
Aubrey Cartwright / Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 am
Aubrey Cartwright
Hyacinth Macmillan / Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:16 pm
Sofia Tyler
Sofia Tyler / Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:39 pm
practice makes perfect [sibby]
Siobhan Finnigan / Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm
Marisol Herrera
Marisol Herrera / Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:55 am
Job Claims
Carmenita Santiago / Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:55 pm
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 396 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Top posters
James Potter (1659)
blue afternoon ((open)) Emptyblue afternoon ((open)) Emptyblue afternoon ((open)) Empty 
Alayna Rowle (914)
blue afternoon ((open)) Emptyblue afternoon ((open)) Emptyblue afternoon ((open)) Empty 
Louis Weasley (898)
Cherry Darling (685)
Carina Malfoy (677)
Lien Chang (634)
Hyacinth Macmillan (575)
Harrison Jetson (523)
Mackenzie Riddle (474)
Indigo Macmillan (458)

Credits
Skin made and designed by Xaria with the help of Necromancer Coding. The Switcheroo is by Monomer. Badges on the site were sourced from Flaticon on a premium subscription. Images used throughout the site are from Unsplash. The Harry Potter universe was created by JK Rowling and is co-owned by Warner Bros. No copyright infringement is intended.

blue afternoon ((open))

2 posters

Go down

Phaedra Cocteau

blue afternoon ((open)) Empty blue afternoon ((open))

Post by Phaedra Cocteau Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:57 pm

It had only been a week since she made the move to Britain to become closer to her father's side of the family; and, to her luck, she was hired on the spot at the Wiki Wiki Shack and provided free housing by Aloha Bill. That made getting acclimated to a new country so much easier. She didn't know how she could ever repay him! As she had off for the day, Phaedra decided she'd spend it getting to know the magical world on this side of the channel.

She sat in the tea shop looking out the window as a light snow drizzled over the streets of Diagon. It wasn't that different from the snow she encountered in her years in France, but she still found it fascinating and pleasant to watch. She was beginning to stare off into space, mindlessly stirring some sugar into her tea.
Adult
Phaedra Cocteau
Mini Ava :
blue afternoon ((open)) Tumblr_n54t23E3eW1qzxeqqo5_250
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Phae
Wiki Wiki Shack Host
sexual orientation :
Unsure
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Francoise Hardy
French
Graduated
Aquarius
Of Age
Apparition
Restaurant Worker

Back to top Go down

Memphis Rowle

blue afternoon ((open)) Empty Re: blue afternoon ((open))

Post by Memphis Rowle Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:41 pm

"Some tea, please."

It always felt nice to visit one of the businesses he invested in, particularly if it was one he could enjoy. This small, yet vibrant little café in Diagon had become a favourite of his, and it was doing very well in its profits. Its location had something to do with it, but it was also the people who ran it: they were very welcoming, friendly and seemed to have a knack of getting repeat custom by giving the customers exactly what they wanted.

"And, hmm..." Bending his back, he inspected the glass display of treats. When the manager saw him, however, she insisted on making something special for him. "Very well, thank you," he said graciously, "I'll be sitting..." - he briefly glanced around for vacancy - "Over by the window there, by the young lady."

After more polite conversation with the workers, he made his way over to the table in question, and pulled out the chair. He offered a smile to the woman who was sat next to him. "These really are the best seats," he commented, sitting down.

@Phaedra Cocteau
Adult
Memphis Rowle
Mini Ava :
blue afternoon ((open)) Q9r0XP
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Memphis
Investor
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Freddie Fox
Graduated
Taurus
Business Person
British
Hedonist
Apparition
Of Age
Slytherin
Head Boy
Wealthy

Back to top Go down

Phaedra Cocteau

Post by Phaedra Cocteau Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:53 pm

Out in the corner of her eye, a man close to her age how joined her. She wasn't expecting any company! Phaedra finally turned away from the window and smiled at him. He appeared to be a rather nice man, he sounded like one as well.

Well dressed too.

"Bonjour, 'ello, how are..." Her index finger pointed slightly at him. "Tu?"

The English term for you had slipped her mind as she scanned his face and upper body.

"I'm very sorry, I didn't realize you were there!"

She finally cracked a smile at him. "Is it? I only just arrived to the Great Britain last week."

@Memphis Rowle
Adult
Phaedra Cocteau
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Phae
Wiki Wiki Shack Host
sexual orientation :
Unsure
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Francoise Hardy
French
Graduated
Aquarius
Of Age
Apparition
Restaurant Worker

Back to top Go down

Memphis Rowle

Post by Memphis Rowle Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:12 pm

"My goodness, you are French. How wonderful."

Chortling lightly, he moved the sugar bowl and the flower decoration at the centre of his table so he could have a better conversation with her. Although it wasn't too common to have a conversation with someone sitting on the next table, she didn't seem to mind. Actually, she seemed grateful for it.

"Well then - welcome," he said, dipping his head slightly. "Are you over here for work?"

French women: there was just something so utterly charming about the lot of them.

@Phaedra Cocteau
Adult
Memphis Rowle
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Memphis
Investor
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Freddie Fox
Graduated
Taurus
Business Person
British
Hedonist
Apparition
Of Age
Slytherin
Head Boy
Wealthy

Back to top Go down

Phaedra Cocteau

Post by Phaedra Cocteau Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:26 pm

"I'm very happy that you like the French!" There were some people who thought they were all snooty and pretentious, and she liked to be an example of that stereotype not being true.

Was Britain always so welcoming? If so, this was going to be wonderful! Having new experiences, finally being able to bond with her half-siblings like she always dreamed of! She was always one to think that the glass was half-full.

"I came here to meet family," she answered before finally taking a sip of her tea. It was different from what she was used to, but it was still so delicious! "But I am here for work too! I got a job at the Wiki Wiki Shack, have you heard of it?"

@Memphis Rowle
Adult
Phaedra Cocteau
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Phae
Wiki Wiki Shack Host
sexual orientation :
Unsure
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Francoise Hardy
French
Graduated
Aquarius
Of Age
Apparition
Restaurant Worker

Back to top Go down

Memphis Rowle

Post by Memphis Rowle Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:41 pm

"But of course."

Very dignified country of people.

"Oh yes, I have heard of it," he said, as the server came and put down his pot of tea, a fresh cup and a small jug of milk. Memphis thanked them, and they went away again. He turned over his cup and poured out the tea. "Blackrock shows a lot of promise, I'm sure it will become more popular than Diagon in several years' time. We just have to encourage our elders to see the good in change," he said, laughing. Older generations were very stuck in their ways.

"So visiting family then, I see. Are they cousins of yours?"

@Phaedra Cocteau
Adult
Memphis Rowle
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Memphis
Investor
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Freddie Fox
Graduated
Taurus
Business Person
British
Hedonist
Apparition
Of Age
Slytherin
Head Boy
Wealthy

Back to top Go down

Phaedra Cocteau

Post by Phaedra Cocteau Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:52 pm

This man had manners and was very polite as well? That made her feel even more appreciative that they were talking.

"It's a nice place to be! I didn't realize it'd be so warm. I had to buy the bikini so I can enjoy the beach after work!"

It was one of those things she didn't think to bring; she couldn't just bring everything she owned with her from France after all! She did make sure to bring some sentimental keepsakes from her father to share with her half-siblings; she was sure they'd love to exchange stories and memories with her! They had to have heard of her after all!

"I have my father and siblings here, but I'm sure we have cousins too!"

Does that mean she'd be meeting cousins as well? How wonderful!

@Memphis Rowle
Adult
Phaedra Cocteau
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Phae
Wiki Wiki Shack Host
sexual orientation :
Unsure
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Francoise Hardy
French
Graduated
Aquarius
Of Age
Apparition
Restaurant Worker

Back to top Go down

Memphis Rowle

Post by Memphis Rowle Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:08 pm

"Well that doesn't sound a hard life at all: working at a lively restaurant, then spending your evening on the beach."

Although he had more money than what he could ever had use for, he was always very intrigued by how the other half lived. There were people who got by perfectly well without having a lot of money, and they were content with it too. It was a much simpler way of living.

Adding milk to his tea, and some sugar, he seemed slightly confused by what she was saying. "Your Mother is French?"

The server came back, and presented a very heavily-laden tray for him, with lots of different sweet treats on there. "Goodness me... thank you," he said, and as the server walked away he looked up at the woman again. "You wouldn't happen to be hungry would you?" he asked, laughing, "I could use some help with this lot."

@Phaedra Cocteau
Adult
Memphis Rowle
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Memphis
Investor
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Freddie Fox
Graduated
Taurus
Business Person
British
Hedonist
Apparition
Of Age
Slytherin
Head Boy
Wealthy

Back to top Go down

Phaedra Cocteau

Post by Phaedra Cocteau Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:31 pm

"Yes, she is French! My father's English, but he lives here, not with my mother and I!"

Her eyes widened seeing the tray of treats; that all certainly couldn't be for one person! That looked like something she'd see at one of her mother's social parties. They were always rather high-end and sophisticated.

"I haven't ate since the breakfast!" She eyed one the sweets on the tray; were those petit fours? Phaedra pointed at one of them. "May I have one of those?"

@Memphis Rowle
Adult
Phaedra Cocteau
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Phae
Wiki Wiki Shack Host
sexual orientation :
Unsure
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Francoise Hardy
French
Graduated
Aquarius
Of Age
Apparition
Restaurant Worker

Back to top Go down

Memphis Rowle

Post by Memphis Rowle Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:51 pm

"Take this seat and join me at this table - you can have as many of them as you like."

Smiling, he moved around some of the tableware so there was enough room, then sipped his tea. He picked up a three-tiered finger cake and put it on his place before running a fork through it. When he tasted it, it was heavenly.

"Mm, very good - so, ah," he went on, going back to the topic of her family, "Why is it that your siblings live with your Father and you do not? I'm very sorry if I seem to be prying, it's just that I cannot imagine such a living situation as that."

Families were very diversive nowadays.

@Phaedra Cocteau
Adult
Memphis Rowle
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Violet
Nickname :
Memphis
Investor
sexual orientation :
Heterosexual
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Freddie Fox
Graduated
Taurus
Business Person
British
Hedonist
Apparition
Of Age
Slytherin
Head Boy
Wealthy

Back to top Go down

Phaedra Cocteau

Post by Phaedra Cocteau Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:04 pm

Nodding, she gently picked up her teacup and saucer and moved to the man's table. She took one of the other seats and got comfy before pulling out one of the dessert plates and grabbing herself one of the petit fours.

"My siblings have a different mother than I do."

That was simple enough, wasn't it?

"I haven't met them before."

Then she casually took a bite of the treat. Aren't lemons out of season?

@Memphis Rowle
Adult
Phaedra Cocteau
Mini Ava :
Alias :
Xaria
Nickname :
Phae
Wiki Wiki Shack Host
sexual orientation :
Unsure
blood purity :
Pureblood
Face Claimpp :
Francoise Hardy
French
Graduated
Aquarius
Of Age
Apparition
Restaurant Worker

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down